Thursday 26 November 2015

Growing pains



Hebrews 4v 15
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathizes with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way , just as we are –yet was without sin
                                                                                                         NIV
 You know how you mean to do so well in a test in school, but you don’t want to stud for it and when you write it you flunk in style? Well, I do. So I flunked a test I know I could have than better in and it hurt me to my soul. Then I asked myself this question, when I disobey GOD, or allow temptations to rule over me do I feel that kind of pain?  No, was my answer. Immediately I realized that I haven’t been so good to God or to myself.  A test I can make up for but the blood which cleanses me from within again and again and again ….. Never
In the book of Hebrews, I learnt that Jesus who is our High Priest has been tempted In every way as we have and yet was without sin. It makes Him look like a superman of some sort but it also lets me know I can achieve that course .Jesus sympathizes with our weaknesses he doesn’t approve of then neither does he condemn them. He understands how fragile we are and also has made a provision for us not only in his blood for forgiveness but to enable us avoid sin and all its consequences.
Hebrews 4 v 16
Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and grace to help us in our time of need.
                                                                                                   NIV
Still struggling with sin?  Come to Jesus now.


No comments:

Post a Comment