Wednesday 17 May 2017

Grey Spaces

I am writing this with Priscilla Shirer in the background talking about how faith must go with actions.
Funny
This post is about how looking away from God has made me doubt.
I have doubted that there is a calling on my life. Until I understood a calling does not always  mean a pulpit. A calling can be giving, praying for people in your room or just doing well where you are planted. We are called for the glory of the Father. Not to be famous, receive applause or to be desired. We are called to exalt the one who made us and to whom we belong. Your calling could be an anointing for just 2 people. That you would influence those 2 people towards right and light. Lead them to Jesus Christ. That is as  important as leading a congregation. Our sheep our like talent. We must be able to develop them through our ministry till the grow and they in turn develop others( classic war room ).

I tried to think like others and I find that I fail again and again. I read on a friend's blog about the last 5 or so years of his life and how he no longer goes to Church because of "Christian standards" . The status quo of a Christian if I may call it that. A Christian is a spiritual being who cannot be flawed.
This is actually true. We cannot be flawed because we are the righteousness of Christ.  When we begin to totally depend on grace to live holy not trying in our futility or with our wisdom. It takes a lot of practice. I don't know if I heard this in a preaching or from C.S Lewis book, Mere Christianity : we confuse morality with holiness. And to every man even those who say they are free men they seem to still have an ideology ōf what any right minded person should practice. This is highly challenged in our present world. In this generation everyone is right.😏
Life is beans.
What was wrong yesterday is right today, what is right today could be wrong tomorrow an unending cycle. An Elder in my Church ,eld Tsivor has convinced me to believe that right or wrong is determined by your conscience. The Bible does say something similar, a man is only judged by his conscience. Then another part says some people's consciences are seared.
FACT: AS A CHRISTIAN YOUR CONSCIENCE IS THE HOLYSPIRIT BECAUSE HE CONVICTS THE OWRLD OF SIN, RIGHTEOUSNESS AND JUDGEMENT(JOHN 16:8-10).

FROM A DICTIONARY A CONSCIENCE IS SOMETHING TELLING YOU WHETHER YOU ARE RIGHT OR WRONG.

WE ALL HAVE A CONSCIENCE, WHAT GUIDES YOURS?
My friend's story made me feel he felt pushed to live to a standard from his immediate society . This is draining. I have  been there. Living up to man's standard doesn't mean living up to God's levels.

Like The master gave each servant Talents, God has given us each a level of faith to operate in. It takes grace and the Holy Spirit to operate where to were planted and even to move above it.  Pray for others as God leads you. Do not condemn them but walk in love( something I am beginning to understand from a youversion plan).
Do not let people's standards to define you? FIND YOUR SELF IN GOD.  it may take time , you might be confused a lot( like I am) but do not let go of your bible and of prayer. 

Your light is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment