Wednesday 13 August 2014

A SECOND LOOK



 

First glance

Nothing to admire

The same old me

 Wretched and distraught

 I still carry scars

Results of my troubled past

The issues in my life that keep surfacing now and then

My mind stays up pondering on them

Wishing that things had been different

Living in regret doubtful I will ever be free

From these tears that haunt me

Flashes of him, then me

Enter her

And I vanish into thin air

My breakdown could have killed me

Never had I been this traumatized

Not even my mother’s beatings caused me this kind of pain

And in the end it was a blame game

 He said   she said

The biggest challenge was to act perfectly fine

 To hide my tears from the world

And be strong

He always did say I needed to be strong

Funny

Look at this again

I went through pain

Yet I gained strength

 I was someone’s fool

But I learned wisdom

I stooped low

But now I stand tall

Flashbacks still come

But I no longer run

I am bracing the broken down girl

And realizing it has worked out for my good

God has use for the broken

He gives peace to the weary

And joy to the downcast

 If the tears roll down my cheeks

If my emotions want to sink me

If a voice tells me I am no good

I know in my heart

I have been redeemed

Set apart and honored

I may not see it yet

But God’s going to get me there

 Whatever you have been through

Whatever is happening

Take a second look

See God’s point of view

You are redeemed.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment